If you have any doubts you may want to look at the 'Customer Comments'.
- If you are thinking of starting a similar business, then we can train you.
- View the 'Training' page for more information.
- Knife Sharpening
- Scissor Sharpening
- Clipper Blade Honing / Sharpening
- Garden Tools
- The process starts with a slow turning 1000 grit whetstone, and then at least three further stages until a polished finish on the knife edge is obtained.
- The methods we use ensures the knife-edge is always kept cool and keeps its temper.
- All types and makes of knives sharpened such as Kai Shun, Kanetsugu, Tojiro, Hattori, Sakai Takayuki, Nenohi, SHIKI, Global, I.O. Shen, Bunmei, Mashiro, Kasumi, Kikuichi, Glestain, MAC, Wusthof, Victorinox, Henckel, Sabatier and any other type of Japanese or European knife used in commercial or domestic kitchens.
- Ceramic knife sharpening is no problem, but as they take a little longer we need to charge a little extra.
- Serrated knife sharpening is also not a problem, but we use a different process.
- For larger orders we can set up and sharpen at your premises so that staff are never without their knives for more than a few minutes.
- We can repair knives that have lost their tip, have damage to the blade or need to be re-heeled. Take a look at the photo's page for some examples of what we have done.
- Unfortunately we cannot repair handles.
- Sandblasting a dull matt finish is available by first requesting a quote.
- Hairdressing, pinking & dressmaking scissors are serviced by fully trained staff, on dedicated equipment.
- We can visit your salon and service your scissors whilst you watch without taking them off the premises.
- Visit the workshop and bring along your scissors and clippers and we will do them whilst you wait.
- If you need to borrow a pair of scissors whilst we repair yours, that's no problem and is free of charge.
- We only use top of the range professional machines that requires specialist training, and lot's of experience to operate.
- Each scissor is visually inspected, test cut, cleaned, sharpened, lubricated, balanced, ensure the tips align and then test cut again to ensure a perfect slice is obtained with no pulling at the tip.
- At no extra cost, if required, we replace bumpers / stoppers, metal finger rests, pivot screws, washers, spring plates and ring inserts.
- Finger rests will be supplied so long as we have the right thread available.
- All makes and types of scissor serviced such as Jaguar, Tondeo, Joewell, Matsuzaki, Kanpeki, Yasaka, Passion, Mizutani, Kodo, Sakai, Utsumi and Kosho.
Hairdressing Scissor Sales.
NEWS!! As of Dec 2012 we have joined forces with a Bristol based scissor manufacturer called Kanpeki and now stock and sell this fantastic product. After years of research they have developed their own brand of extremely high-end hairdressing scissors. Come to the workshop to view, try or purchase this brand new range. As soon as you put these scissors in the hand you feel the quality.
All scissors come with a lifetime guarantee!
http://www.kanpeki.co.uk A link to Kanpeki's home page.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQgXtCVoJOc Wayne Hill demonstrating one of the Kanpeki range of scissors.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3EuFVRGIJE Dan Hicklin using another pair of Kanpeki scissors.
- All scissors are made from a Japanse steel that is either Damascus, Cobalt ATS314 or Hitachi 440c stainless steel.
- Available in both right and left-handed.
- Size range from 4.5" to 7"
- Kanpeki scissors are also endorced by Steve Clewlow the 2012 UK National Hair Federation Champion
- A dedicated clipper honing machine that will sharpen the blades of any type of clipper.
- Your clipper or trimmer blades will be inspected for any damage, cleaned, honed, cleaned again then lubricated.
- When returned they will be as sharp as new and ready for use.
- For local businesses we can pick up and return the same day or come to you and bring our equipment.
- Always keep comb and cutter sets in their respective pairs.
- Please be aware that we do not accept the very small cordless hairdressing clipper blades. Normal Wahl blades are no problem at all. If you have any doubts, please send a photo so we can assess beforehand.
You are more than welcome to visit the workshop and watch how any sharpening process is done.
- Try us on a single item if you are unsure.
- Bring the worst one you have, and set us the challenge of bringing it back to life!
- Bring us your best knife and we will make it even better!
- View the 'Photos' page to see some before & after pictures of some damaged Global Knives.
- We are open by appointment 7 days a week, up to 7pm each day.
- Make sure you contact us beforehand, as we are not available in the workshop before 5pm weekdays.
- Open all day Saturday and Sunday, but do phone first to make sure we have not been called out.
- Make sure you view and print out the Directions To The Workshop page to get the exact details of where we are.
- Sat Nav will not get you all the way here!
- Contact us before dropping in, as we are often out on the road.
- We can do whatever is required whilst you wait, or drop off and pick up later. There are some lovely country pubs serving good food nearby!
- There is no minimum charge if you visit the workshop, bring just one item if that's all you need sharpening.
- We can set up and sharpen at your premises so that staff are never without their tools for more than a few minutes.
- No call out charge for knives if you have at least 25 to sharpen.
- No minimum for hairdressing salons in the local area.
- If parking charges apply, then we will add this to the bill.
Postal Service & Online Orders
- Full details Click Here.
- We will sharpen the day we receive your goods, and post back the following day.
- You are welcome to talk to us before sending anything.
- Use the Online Shop to place your order.
- If you send items via a postal service that does not need a signature it will be delivered into a lockable Parcel Safe box which is very secure.
- Any questions telephone on 0791 900 6766, email via the Contact Us page or directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please share any feedback on the service you received. You can leave comments that you may have by clicking on the FreeIndex image or this text and / or by going into the 'Customer Comments' area on this website.
Please go to the 'Directions To The Workshop' page for more detailed instructions on how to find us.
Public Liability : £1,000,000
Public Liability : £1,000,000
Site last updated on Tuesday 21st May 2013